|Congregation of the Girton Church of God, 1939|
The Girton Church of God had its origins in tent meetings held near County Road 32 in Scott Twp., Sandusky County, Ohio. Many of these meetings were conducted by Daniel Sidney Warner and Brother Barney Warren. Warner had broken away from the Winebrennerian Church of God. He formed the Warner Traveling Group, conducting evangelistic tours throughout the Midwest. The nearby home of George Roush was a frequent site for gatherings by members. Realizing a need for a building in which to worship, members pledged funds for the construction of a church in the fall of 1915. By the following spring, the building (seen above), was completed near the site of their former tent meetings, On July 16, 1916 the Girton Church of God was dedicated and a week later, the Sunday School was organized.
Post a Comment